Wednesday 5 January 2011

The Tag Tool

After a meeting with my lecturer in which we discussed the use of data projection, the Tag Tool was suggested. I had never heard of it before until then so I did some research on it.


Illuminating York 2010 feat. Jon Burgerman from iink on Vimeo.

It is like having any surface as a blank canvas.


Above is an example of what it looks like. It is compact enough to take just about anywhere.

I wish to use it in some way to generate curiosity about volunteering.

Perhaps by encouraging passers-by to draw something or write something that is related to work experience or volunteering.

This idea has to be developed further but without having used it yet, I am unaware of exactly what it is capable of or how effective it could be to my project.

I do know that you can draw with it using a tablet and animate what you draw using a control pad that is supposedly simple and easy to operate. Again, without having used it myself I will not know. I will have the opportunity to use it in the coming months though.

There is actually a local group of people in DUndee who have experience with the Tag Tool. Here is there video below:

Tagtool At Guerrilla Gallery Launch Party from Guerrilla Gallery on Vimeo.


It seems a very abstract way to get a message across and I think it could be very interesting to use inside the students union, university and the library. Even if I was to display anything that would generate curiosity or even better get other to volunteer to use it, then it would most likely become a success.

By actually just letting poeple draw what they want, I could use that as a way to say that they "volunteered" and have now gained experience from doing so. Perhaps giving a leaflet to them with the details of the online video would increase their views and also generate interest in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment