Wednesday 24 November 2010

Visual Style, Making it Stand Out, Generating Curiousity and Colour Scheme.

Visual Style

I aim to use motion graphics in a fast paced showreel type way (if that makes sense).

An example iv'e taken inspiration from is below:





These above videos indicate an idea of what I am going for. The use of various different effects and colour that contrast greatly I think make the animations more intriguing and keeps the viewer interested.

Colour Scheme

I beleive that colour scheme will vary greatly in this project as I am trying to acheive a sort of "visual explosion" that will captivate the viewer. Since I am not focussing on logo design or brand design, rather I am focussing on how to promote the brand using new media in a different and creative way, I feel that the colour scheme can be anything I want within good practices of course.

Making it Stand Out from the Clutter

In terms of clutter, I refer to posters, postcards, billboards etc. By creating an outdoor projection, it is like an animated billboard/poster that is not sen everyday.

The concept of having animated walls outside is sure to go a long way to acheiving the desired outcome of my campaign standing out from the clutter.

Generating Curiosity.

I have contacted Discover Radio about the possibility of mentioning nothing more than a keyword to ask the listeners to search for in youtube. Since humans are naturally curious, this should pique listeners interest and make them want to find out what its all about.

Furthermore, by using the projections to not give anything away, other than the words VCD, the keyword and instructions to type that keyword into youtube, this should naturally make people want to know what its about also. If I was to see such a projection, I would eventually go on to youtube when I wasn't busy and search for the key word.

MEMORABILITY IS PARAMOUNT TO THIS CAMPAIGN BECOMING A SUCCESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment